Fastest Century In IPL
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is one of the most popular and exciting T20 cricket leagues in the world. With some of the best cricket players from around the globe participating in the tournament, fans are treated to some amazing performances every season. One such performance that fans always look forward to is a batsman scoring a century. In this article, we’ll take a look at the fastest century in IPL history.
Record For Fastest Century In IPL
The record for the fastest century in IPL history is held by Chris Gayle, who achieved the feat in just 30 balls while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune Warriors in IPL 2013. Gayle’s innings was nothing short of a spectacle, as he smashed the Pune bowlers all around the park, hitting a total of 13 sixes and 7 fours on his way to the century.
Gayle’s innings were a perfect example of his incredible hitting ability, and he showed why he is considered one of the greatest T20 batsmen of all time. His century is also the third-fastest century in all T20 cricket, after Rishabh Pant’s 32-ball century and Andrew Symonds’ 34-ball century.
Before Gayle’s innings, the record for the fastest century in IPL was held by Yusuf Pathan, who scored a century in just 37 balls for Rajasthan Royals against Mumbai Indians in IPL 2010. Yusuf’s innings was equally spectacular, as he smashed the Mumbai bowlers to all parts of the ground, hitting 8 sixes and 9 fours in his innings.
Other notable innings in the list of fastest centuries in IPL history include David Miller’s 38-ball century for Kings XI Punjab against Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL 2013, and AB de Villiers’ 43-ball century for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Gujarat Lions in IPL 2016.
While Gayle’s record for the fastest century in IPL history still stands, fans always look forward to the possibility of a new record being set in every season. With some of the best batsmen in the world playing in the IPL, it’s only a matter of time before someone breaks Gayle’s record and sets a new benchmark for the fastest century in IPL history.
Top 10 Fast Century In IPL
Here are the top 10 fastest centuries in IPL history:
- Chris Gayle – 30 balls (Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Pune Warriors, IPL 2013)
- Yusuf Pathan – 37 balls (Rajasthan Royals vs Mumbai Indians, IPL 2010)
- David Miller – 38 balls (Kings XI Punjab vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, IPL 2013)
- Adam Gilchrist – 42 balls (Deccan Chargers vs Mumbai Indians, IPL 2008)
- AB de Villiers – 43 balls (Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions, IPL 2016)
- Sanju Samson – 45 balls (Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab, IPL 2019)
- Chris Gayle – 46 balls (Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab, IPL 2011)
- Moeen Ali – 46 balls (Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders, IPL 2019)
- K. L. Rahul – 46 balls (Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils, IPL 2018)
- Virender Sehwag – 48 balls (Delhi Daredevils vs Deccan Chargers, IPL 2011)